Get basic blog hosted
Some things to do next perhaps…
- Get llvm going and go through the Kaleidoscope tutorial
Some things to do next with the blog “software”…
- Analytics for this blog
- Browsing http logs somewhat oldschool
- But still, is there a tool for that?
Google? Done. Lets just get that working for now, eh?
- Google alternative?
- Better file structure
- Or more specifically: a system to handle redirects or canonical after I move pages around.
- Then figure out where I want them.
- How does this caching actually work?
- Not completely sure CloudFront/S3 are behaving like I expect
- Something better than markdown.
- Automate updates
Generate canonical url.
- Generate sitemap.
Post the updates to S3
- Post sitemap to google, bing.
Call invalidate API with changed files
- Losing the html extension.
- Headers and footers
- Index / landing page
- See “something better than markdown”
- Would like to keep a living history of the blog to see how its evolved
- use /blog.v1 /blog.v2 ?
- its all in git, so worry about that later
- Say 1,000,000 people show up and view 5 pages, I estimate it will cost me $10.
- Load testing
- Seriously, how much would it cost to hit cloudfront 1,000,000 times in one hour?
- Redirect problem.
- Full text search
- How would we do a full text search of a static website? =)